MDeck BA-2 Bluetooth Retrofit Kit for BMW CM5905, CM5907, CM5908
The MDeck BA-2 Bluetooth Retrofit Kit seamlessly adds Bluetooth music streaming, voice assistance, hands-free calling, and AUX-IN to your factory BMW CM5905, CM5907, or CM5908 radio. The plug-n-play circuit board replaces the factory cassette deck inside the radio enabling a deep integration of modern audio tech that is leaps and bounds beyond any other solution on the market.
For a complete description of the functionality of this kit, have a look at the Owner's Manual.
- High quality Bluetooth music streaming wired directly into the radio - no tape adapters or FM transmitters
- Hands-free calling
- Source selection, music, call, and voice assistant control using the factory radio buttons
- AUX input jack for connection of satellite radio, iPod, etc.
- Repurposed LCD indicators communicate Bluetooth connection and playback state
- Maintains all tuner (AM/FM/WB) functionality. Cycle through Bluetooth, AUX, and tuner sources by pressing the volume knob
- Automatically switch sources to Bluetooth if an incoming call comes in while listening to another source
- Plug-n-play board requires only basic hand tools and an hour or two to install
- Support for future firmware updates via an iOS/Android app to add features such as custom EQ and behavior customization
- 100% stock appearance
- 100% reversible - no permanent or destructive changes required
We design our MDeck kits to be as easy to install as possible. For the DIY installer, we create videos to walk you through step-by-step installation into each of the supported radios.
However, we also offer a mail-in installation service to install the parts of the kit that are internal to the radio, leaving only the microphone to install in the car. See the related items section above to add this installation service to your cart. When checking out with this service, your order confirmation will include instruction for mailing your radio to our shop.
CM5905 & CM5907
Video for BA-2 installation into the CM5908 coming soon. However, installation is nearly identical to installation of our previous version, the BA-1. The only important differences are that you can ignore any steps related to the RF shield as the BA-2 does not require one. Also, the microphone extension cable mentioned for the BA-1 is replaced by the mic/aux cable for the BA-2. The connector on the board is a different style, but otherwise everything installs the same.