Updating Firmware Using the Dashboard App
Factory+ kits support wireless firmware updates over Bluetooth from our Dashboard desktop application. This allows the unit to receive improvements and new functionality after it has been installed.
- Download and install our Dashboard Desktop App for Windows or Mac.
* You'll probably want to install this on a laptop - you'll eventually need to have the computer near the Factory+ kit to perform the update
- Download the latest firmware for your Factory+ kit from the table in the Firmware Downloads section below
- Go to the vehicle with the laptop
- Power on the radio
- Launch the Dashboard App. It will begin scanning for a nearby device, and should find it it within 2-10 seconds. Once connected, you should see some information about the device such as its serial number and firmware version
- Click the Update Firmware button and a file browser will appear. Navigate to the .crbin file you downloaded earlier from below
- Click Open and the update process will begin. The update can take 2-15 minutes to complete depending on the computer used. Progress should steadily increase on the progress bar
- When the update completes, the device will reboot and reconnect to the application, and you should see the new firmware version in the "Version" field. That's it!
|BA30 Series (BA31 & BA32)